Cold Season

Hidden Creek, Shoot Out

Hidden Creek

so when we left off, Gunny hernandez was taking aim on the man in the back of the truck who is manning the machine gun.

GM:
Egil and Uriel have run out of the church and you see several armed men running to the east, about 100 feet in front of you is Kevil Gill
Another crack of automatic gunfire ripples through the air

  • Uriel takes up near a wall of the church, and shouting to Kevin after the burst of fire, “Where the fuck is that militia you greeted us with?”
  • Egil hangs with Uriel, eyes attentive for various details.

Gunny:
2,19

Egil:
2,16

Uriel:
17,7

Uriel:
(I hit it on the dot, so am I just at 15?)
GM:
3,16
GM:
15,17

Gunny:
11,6,10,17

Uriel:
(how many ticks was my yelling cost?)

Gunny:
4,4

Gunny:
12,12,2,1

Gunny:
5,6
GM:
8,20
GM:
12,18
GM:
6,14
GM:
11,16

  • Uriel sprints after Egil, shouting, “Damn your Hippocratic Oath Doc.” sliding in down next to them
    GM:
    12,13

Uriel:
(I’ll hold)

Gunny:
7,10,6
GM:
16,12

Egil:
6,20,15,9

Gunny:
afk one sec

Egil:
19,11
GM:
13,12
GM:
13,16

  • Uriel takes the weapon from the sentry and turns and falls into a prone position, readying himself for what comes next

Gunny:
16,12

Uriel:
5,12

Egil:
12,20,4,1

  • Uriel readies himself, adjusting his shoulders slightly as the butt of the rifle pulls tight, he follows the line of the barrel and levies the sites on the man with the machine gun

Uriel:
7,1,4

Uriel:
5,4
Egil has received initiative.
Uriel has received initiative.
Gunny has received initiative.

Gunny:
12,10,7,12

Gunny:
5,6
Several minutes pass after the last shot. Egil continues to treat the wounded sentry. Finally, you see Kevin Gill walking towards you with his rifle held in front of him. He sees you tending to the wounded sentry and nods but says nothing.

  • Kevin Gill speaks after a few moments

Kevin Gill:
One of them is still alive but he’s in a bad way. The other two are dead already.

Uriel:
“Americans?”

Kevin Gill:
Used to be. Just raider filth now.

Uriel:
“He have anything of use to say? Are more on the way?”

Kevin Gill:
I dont think anyone is interested in talking to him. He’s lucky if we just let him bleed out.

  • Uriel stands up slowly, brushing the dirt and pebbles off his clothes, holding the rifle in the crook of his arm, the barrel pointed at the ground
  • Gunny watches the movement of the sentries.

Uriel:
“I think your man here is gonna be alright, real lucky the Doc was here. Course, I’ll leave the official diagnosis to the man with the degrees.”

Kevin Gill:
Looks like you put some pretty accurate fire on them. I guess I should say thanks

Uriel:
“Just glad I could help before anyone else got hurt.”

Kevin Gill:
We should probably get him inside

  • Uriel turns to Egil, “Safe to move him?”
    You are shortly joined by The mayor and several farmers as well as a frantic woman who you guess is the injured man’s wife

Egil:
Yes. He can be moved, but i need to operate on him soon.

Jim Ward:
Of course, of course! Help him get James inside!

  • Jim Ward motions to another woman who is running towards you.

Jim Ward:
Karen is our town nurse, she’ll help you however she can… Karen?

Karen Bloom:
Of course!

  • Uriel leans down and gingerly puts his hands under the man’s left shoulder and waits for the signal to lift, “Hey guy, you’re gonna be alright.”

Karen Bloom:
We should take him to the school. I have the nurses office in the basement set up to handle any wounded or sick folks

Uriel:
“Let’s do it then.”
working together you move the wounded man to the nurses office

  • Egil nods, hovering over the patient.

Comments

Whydon

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.