Cold Season

Hidden Creek, Breaking and Entering

Hidden Creek

  • Gunny Hernandez listens to Uriel’s comments nodding “That’s good. Some sort of diversion.” pauses for a moment to look back down at the make-shift model. “Though, I don’t like the idea of setting a building on fire, when we don’t know whats inside of it.”

Gunny Hernandez:
“For all we know its where they keep their supply of oily rags, or house slaves.”

Egil:
We cant risk hurting people who are there against their will.

Gunny Hernandez:
“Agreed.”

The Col.:
We could recon the buildings first. If nothing shows then we can get a closer look

The Col.:
If nothing else, we can establish an OP and get a better look at the school

Uriel:
“I’ve got binoculars.”

The Col.:
We need to be safe. Our medical supplies are limited. No more accidents.

  • Egil nods grimly

Gunny Hernandez:
“It wont happen again. I’m not sure how it happened in the first place. They must have gotten lucky.”

The Col.:
Extremely lucky if I know you

Gunny Hernandez:
“Well the doc ordered me to get some rest. So I’ll let you three split the watch.”

The Col.:
« 1d20 = 18 »,« 1d20 = 5 »

The Col.:
« 1d20 = 5 »,« 1d20 = 19 »

The Col.:
« 1d20 = 10 »,« 1d20 = 5 »

  • Gunny Hernandez gets up and head to his tent, hidden in the underbrush.

The Col.:
Make a fieldcraft roll with a -2 (lower result is better)

Gunny Hernandez:
« 1d20 = 8 »,« 1d20 = 16 »,« 1d20 = 19 »,« 1d20 = 15 »

Gunny Hernandez:
(need more rum drink, brb)

Gunny Hernandez:
(back)
Several patrols roll by during the course of the next few days. The first is in a pickup similar to the one used in the raid on Hidden Creek only this one is towing a fuel trailer. The second two patrols are both on foot but they talk loudly as they walk and you are able to hide long before they approach. None of the patrols manage to spot your camp
GM:
All three patrols are heading north. Only the truck returns on the road.

Uriel:
“Given those patrols, how many men do you think they have?”

Gunny Hernandez:
“They all look the same. Like fucking asian men.”

Uriel:
“Did anyone manage to hear anything they said?”

The Col.:
Typical young mens bragging. Nothing of tactical importance.

Uriel:
“So what’s the plan then? Let Gunny scout out some of the buildings?”

The Col.:
If he feels up to it.

Gunny Hernandez:
“I wanted to go back that day. Doc said no.”

Uriel:
“If you get a chance, without too much risk, I’d say also see if you can make out what’s in that pen you mentioned.”

  • Gunny Hernandez begins attaching flora to his ghillie suit.
    Several days pass before Jack feels like his leg is back to a point where it will bear weight well

Egil:
Now, dont twist too much or you’ll rip the sutures. Keep streching like I showed you.

Gunny Hernandez:
“You act like this is the first time I’ve been shot.”

Gunny Hernandez:
“It is, but its suprising none the less”

  • Egil shakes his head

Uriel:
“Hopefully we find a weakness, because it seems they’re going to have us outnumbered.”

The Col.:
Strategy over number.

The Col.:
numbers
GM:
Soooo?

Uriel:
(Dunno, not sure I should be going out and doing anything with him out scouting)

  • Gunny Hernandez having afixed a good collectiong of grass and branches to his ghillie suit sets off, again, to scout the elementary school

Uriel:
(Where are these buildings in relation to the link)

Gunny Hernandez:
(brb)

Gunny Hernandez:
(back)

Uriel:
(I will have my guns, radio, binoculars, lighter, multitool. Not sure if I’m missing anything)
Uriel makes it to the north side of willow road before he sees the houses lining the street. The forest here is thick and the untended lawns have reverted to natural fields in extremely short order.
No sign of life in any of the buildings so far.

  • Uriel crouches down amidst the unkempt lawns, looking out at the nearby homes with the aid of his binoculars
    the Homes are dark.

Uriel:
« 1d20 = 9 »,« 1d20 = 6 »,« 1d20 = 18 »
You see no movement

  • Uriel seizes the moment and scrambles across the road in a crouch, staying as low as he can without sacraficing too much speed.
  • Uriel looks through the windows of the nearest house, skulking around the perimeter like a burglar
    The house is derelict. The windows have been smashed in and there are massive holes in the interior walls. Debris litters the floor and the walls are stained with mold and sprayed with crude graphiti
    GM:
    you canstill type here ijust have my headphones off
  • Uriel taps his radio and speaks into his Agency issued covert headset, “Spook, reporting in. Northern crossing successful. First inspection lends itself to abandonment, will continue forward, not taking anything for granted. Spook, out, Over.”
  • Uriel turns towards the next house to the South, and scans the surroundings for any changes in the state of solitude. Once assured that he is still alone, he stalks through the tall grass and weeds like a lean Jewish puma
    All of the houses seem abandoned.
    They are all in a similar state of disarray
  • Uriel makes his way South until the end of the houses. With some care he chooses one of the houses with at least a second floor and a room with a southward facing window.
    Uriel makes his way into a dilapidated barn and climbs a rickety ladder into the loft.\

Uriel:
« 1d20 = 19 »,« 1d20 = 6 »
The view of the school to the east is mostly blocked by the thick copse of trees but with the binoculars Uriel manages to make out a series of lean-to hovels and cages inside the rink. Several people you cant get a good look at occasionally move slowly around the inside. The guard towers are manned by one guard and the rink is surrounded by barbed wire, presumably to keep the people inside.

  • Uriel taps his radio and reports what he sees about the rink.

Comments

Whydon

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.