Cold Season

The Best Laid Plans

Gunny Hernandez:
(going to use ’+

Gunny Hernandez:
’ for radio chat

  • Uriel hits the radio, “What’s the next step? Over.”
  • Gunny Hernandez pulls the mouthpiece out from his tactical vest and takes drink from his camelback. rendevous at camp.
    GM:
    Its night by the time that you reenter the camp
    GM:
    Egil and The Col. are standing near the HMMWV when you approach
    Gunny Hernandez whispers: so would it be a tactics check to plan the attack?
    You whisper to Gunny: I suppose we can do it that way. I could give you tips if you are successfull
    Gunny Hernandez whispers: do I have a better head count?

Uriel:
“Don’t like it all that much, but can probably be pulled off with the right plan.”
You whisper to Gunny: you saw about 14-16 individual guards. figure maybe 8 more on patrol and an unknown quantity inside the building
You whisper to Gunny: only about 6 on duty at any given time
GM:
2 on the roof and 3-4 at the rink

Gunny Hernandez:
“Guards should be able to be taken out quickly. There are only six or so on at a time.”

Gunny Hernandez:
“The real problem is going to be the patrols and the unknown number in the school.”
Gunny Hernandez whispers: what attribute for tactics?

The Col.:
We can easily assume that there are at least double the amount on guard duty at any given time inside waiting for their turn’

Uriel:
“What about having the humvee and machine gun pull up to the main entrance as the guards are taken out. Will still have to have eyes on any major secondary exits.”
You whisper to Gunny: cog

The Col.:
They’ll hear us coming down the road from a ways away. We might just want to hump in the 240 and a box of ammo and set up a base of fire if there’s a good spot for it
Praetus says to the GM: does the house I was in work

Gunny Hernandez:
“They do chase quickly, it would be fairly easy to draw them into a trap.”
You whisper to Praetus: the house walls will probably not stop a lot rifle rounds and the view is pretty obscured. if you could lure them into the neighborhood you could chew them up

The Col.:
How do we get them out without them forifying the hell out of the school while the patrol is out?

The Col.:
The other alternative is to infiltrate and see if we can dig something else up.

Uriel:
“Maybe start a fire at the far end of the residences, hole up in the other houses, and start target practice when they come to investigate.”

Egil:
It’s Dangerous. Whoever went in would be outnumbered and cut off.

The Col.:
Im just getting all the options on the table doc.

Gunny Hernandez:
« 1d20 = 2 »,« 1d20 = 18 »,« 1d20 = 7 »
Gunny Hernandez whispers: thats tactics, the 2 and the 7 succeed
You whisper to Gunny: A traditional assault would be suicide. A straight forward approach would have you establish a base of fire in a preset location and lure as many of the enemies into it as possible. Fire from multiple angles and attack with extreme furocity.
You whisper to Gunny: alternatively, did you guys get any landmines?
Gunny Hernandez whispers: I don’t, think we have some claymores

Uriel:
(am I supoosed to roll something?)
You whisper to Gunny: landmines are useful for this sort of thing. They are a great force equalizer
GM:
No, he just made a tactics roll for some assistance

Uriel:
(going to try and stick it out till 1230 or so, but between having to stand and the way the arm is tightening up, don’t think I can go past that)

The Col.:
I like the idea of luring them out with a distraction. We can bring them into a killing field and even the odds a little bit. We’ll just have to be aware that after the initial contact, that place is gonna be riled up like a nest of bees hit with a stick.

Uriel:
“Sounds good. What do we use for the distraction?”

Egil:
We could lite a fire like Uriel said

The Col.:
Or we could try to rabbit them. Bait them out with something that gets them riled up and eager to get out

Gunny Hernandez:
“AA couple of well placed bullets should be enough to smash open this piñata of badguys.”

Uriel:
“Will they bunker down with something like that? The ones inside.”

The Col.:
We dont want them anticipating attack though. We want them to think they have a target. Something they cant loose

Gunny Hernandez:
They wont know its more than a single shooter. I already slipped them once, they might think I’m back for revenge. Send out a larger search party."

The Col.:
But if we make them think they see a trader, or a settler they might rush out without thinking.

Gunny Hernandez:
“So who’s the merchant?”

The Col.:
Any Volunteers?

Uriel:
How do we go about pulling off the merchant look?

The Col.:
full pack, no big visable weapons.

The Col.:
we give them a big jucy target and have the target run for the hills

The Col.:
and right into our line of fire

Uriel:
“Who’s our best sprinter?”

The Col.:
I hesitate to use gunny but he may have the best chance of hiding after the initial contact

Uriel:
“I can do the running if needed, but I want to know my route blindfolded before we do it.”

The Col.:
What looked like the best place to spring the trap

Uriel:
“Preferably one that breaks up their line of sight on me as much as possible. Many heavy, solid objects to soak up the fire.”

The Col.:
Gunny?

Gunny Hernandez:
“I’d say have him appoach into from the north and try to draw them into the residential area to the northwest of the school.”

The Col.:
Hmm. Wasnt the cover thick there?

Gunny Hernandez:
“Or to the farmhouse to the east.”

Uriel:
“Tall grasses”

Gunny Hernandez:
“Its thick cover all around sir, we’re in the woods.”

The Col.:
What about to the north? We can have him come up on the road and rabbit onto the open area that is surrounded by trees for the old airstrip

  • The Col. begins to draw a sand table map of the area

The Col.:
if he can high tail it to the old building we can wait till they are in the field and lay down a raking fire from the trees on the western flank

Uriel:
“Anybody have some caltrops I can drop behind as I get to the party? Maybe slow down anyone trying to leave the dance early.”

The Col.:
I think if we can get gunny into a firing position we could call that an effective deterrant to premature capture

The Col.:
even better

The Col.:
we use this house here

Gunny Hernandez:
They shouldn’t get anywhere near him. With the fity cal, and my M40 firing at them.

The Col.:
Uriel rabbits down willow station road and when they get into the intersection we nail them from two sides

The Col.:
We have Gunny Hernandez in the woods with a los down the road so you are covered the whole time

The Col.:
as soon as he clears the railroad tracks, he ducks into the culvert and we open fire

Gunny Hernandez:
“If we do this right, we should be able to dig in, and fortify the MG nest.”

The Col.:
My thoughts exactly

Uriel:
“Gonna want your eyes on the guards, so I know it is when they see me

The Col.:
We’ll need him down the road to cover you

The Col.:
At the apex of the road

Gunny Hernandez:
“So thats plan A. What do we do if they don’t chase him?”

Gunny Hernandez:
“Or god forbid they manage to catch him.”

Gunny Hernandez:
(brb)

The Col.:
We’ll have to make sure that doesn’t happen. Id hate to have to trade away a heavy weapon to get you back Uriel

Uriel:
“Not sure that Yahweh accepts munitions.”

The Col.:
If they look like they are getting close, Gunny

The Col.:
‘ll send them straight to hell and we’ll take them the old fashion way

Comments

Malc

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.